The American Curriculum is one of the most popular curricula in the world today due to its practical application and ease of understanding. With the advent of the Common Core Standards, the American Curriculum has become one of the most sought after in the world due to its success in preparing students for college and career readiness. RISS has aligned its vision with such high standards in order to make sure that all students leave high school prepared for their future. The Common Core is informed by the highest, most effective standards from across the United States and countries around the world. The standards define the knowledge and skills students should gain throughout their K-12 education in order to graduate from high school prepared to succeed in entry-level careers, introductory academic college courses and workforce training programs.
The standards are:
- Research and evidence-based
- Clear, understandable, and consistent
- Aligned with college and career expectations
- Based on rigorous content and application of knowledge through higher-order thinking skills
- Built upon the strengths and lessons of current state standards
- Informed by other top performing countries in order to prepare all students for success in our global economy and society.